Sunday, January 18, 2009

Review: Hotal Monaco (San Francisco)

Note: I'm writing this three months after my stay. My posting activities fell off drastically in November and December. So, take this more as directional recollections than a highly focused critique.

Hotel monaco sf

The Monaco was a solid option. Maybe a little pricey @ around $400/night (including taxes and such). But it provided decent space and amenities along with a helpful staff.

Hotel monaco sf rm 714

Room 714 was comfortable. Neither huge nor necessarily luxurious, it got the job done. Nice bed, reliable internet connection, good bathroom.

Hotel monaco sf rm 714

One nice touch that I was glad to see and have wondered why I don't see it more often was a recycling bin. Wish every hotel would provide these.

Hotel monaco recycling bin

And while I didn't take advantage of them on this trip, perhaps on another occasion (or, more likely, in another lifetime), I'll hit the mini bar for everything it's got and bust out the zebra robe, head down into the lobby for some of their complimentary drinks around happy hour time and see where things lead.

Hotel monaco sf zebra robe

Last but not least, they do have a gym. Not the best or most modern gym around, but it's better than nothing. I was in there maybe around 8 or 9pm and there was no one on duty, which was only a bother because I couldn't figure out how to change the channels or get any volume going on the TVs. Small nuisance, really, but it would have been nice to get them onto some news rather than the Rock of Love-esque crap that was being featured.

Hotel monaco gym

No comments:

ss_blog_claim=f4ca6b4158b814462b646ceaf8fabc61