Sunday, January 13, 2008

Review: Enoteca San Marco (Las Vegas)

view from enoteca san marco.jpg
View from my table @ Enoteca San Marco

Note: this also appears with my reviews over on Yelp.

Overall Impression:
Thought this was a nice place to relax and people watch in the artificial twilight of the Venetian's "St. Mark's Square". Had some good, simple food and experienced sharp, friendly service. Also, just based on a quick scan of the offerings in this square / upscale food court, it seemed to have the best range of vegetarian options.

Highlights / Lowlights:

What was great -

- Food.
The somewhat inventive take on caprese salad (see photo) was both visually interesting and tasty. Then the simple pasta dish I had with black pepper and pecorino cheese was understated excellence.

pasta with pecorino and black pepper enoteca san marco.jpg

- Service. I experienced team table service, which when done poorly can be chaotic. But everyone here was on their game - a nice balance of friendly and professional.

- Wine. They offer a nice sampling of regional Italian wines, including a nice example of one of my sentimental favorites - Morellino di Scansanso.

What wasn't so great -

- No complaints, really. Maybe it was just the fact that I sorely needed some relative quiet and escape after a day at CES, but I enjoyed a nice simple solo dinner here.

Would I eat here again?
With everything there is to try in Vegas I wouldn't necessarily go out of my way to get here, but if I'm at the Venetian again, yes, I'd definitely eat here.

Did it seem like a good value?
One app, one entree, some Pellegrino and a glass of wine for $56 before tip. Not a bargain, but what is in Vegas?

No comments:

ss_blog_claim=f4ca6b4158b814462b646ceaf8fabc61