Sunday, February 5, 2012

Quick Review: Trump Hotel (Vegas)

Disclaimer: I'm not a Vegas guy. Not a big gambler, not a seen-and-be-seen kind of person. View my review through that lens.

Great room. I completely prefer rooms with a kitchenette or at least a fridge. And since I was here for 4 nights, the set up at the trump was key. Fridge, sink, stove top if you want it and microwave. Beyond that the room is also a nice space, with a comfortable bed and good work area. As mentioned by at least one other reviewer, the shower door situation is a little funky. That probably could have been designed better.

Great fitness center. There are a number of treadmills facing the pool area and a decent assortment of machines, too.

Super convenient to be across from that mall. Walk through Nordstrom and you've got yourself a Chipotle no more than 300 yards from front door of the hotel.

Short walk to El Segundo Sol and StripBurger.

Short taxi lines. I was here 4 nights and in and out multiple times per day. Never had to wait more than 2 minutes for a taxi. During CES.

Only issue I had was upon check in. I made my reservation through http://Booking.com and had adjusted the original reservation by adding a day. Even though I'd done this at least four or five days before my arrival it wasn't picked up in 'their system'. So I had to stand there while the desk guy called and faxed (yes, faxed) someone a copy of my http://booking.com confirmation. Kind of a drag after flying across the country, but in the end it all got sorted.

No comments:

ss_blog_claim=f4ca6b4158b814462b646ceaf8fabc61