Saturday, September 20, 2008

Micro Review: Cafe Duke (51st St., NYC)

Cafe Duke

Note: This also appears with my reviews over on Yelp.

Brilliant. I was staying at Flatotel, which provides a mini fridge and mini microwave in the room, but no mini bar. I checked in at 11:15 pm and I wanted to get some water, maybe a juice, something small to eat in the morning. Nothing big. I ask the front desk guy where I might find a little store. He directs me to Cafe Duke. I was hoping for at least a hole in the wall to buy a bottle of water, but I found an oasis of variety in a clean, well lit place. Belgian beers. Fine cheeses. At least 5 different kinds of refrigerated Starbucks drinks. Genius. I might even elect to stay at Flatotel again (really just a 3 star experience) just so I could make another run to Cafe Duke.

No comments:

ss_blog_claim=f4ca6b4158b814462b646ceaf8fabc61