Saturday, August 18, 2007

Mini-Review: Koi, Los Angeles

Photo of the lounge at Koi restaurant, Los Angeles, California
Image Source: SexiestHotels.com

Note: This review also appears with my reviews over on Yelp.com

Good food, good service, but I wonder if the 'paparazzi' that are taking pictures as people walk in and out are really just Koi bus boys and kitchen help incognito.

We went here as a group of 14 coworkers to celebrate a bit after a couple of days of hard work. For parties of 8 or more you apparently get a fixed menu, although there is opportunity to order additional items on top of that [cue the cash register ringing sound, repeatedly]. Fixed price menu for our group was around $100 a head, included sake, and most folks were raving about the caliber of the food. Add ons that were well received included Kobe sliders [3 for $28] and Kobe wrapped asparagus [~$35, I think, per modest plate].

Random notes:
* $8 valet seems like a good value, considering that's what you pay for valet at Francesca's on Bryn Mawr in the decidedly lower wattage Edgewater neighborhood of Chicago.

* Semi convenient place to eat and then head back to LAX to get out of town. Take La Cienega south, past the 10, and grab La Tijera, which will take you right to the rental car return area. Smooth.

2 comments:

Mustang Mike said...

Thanks for the review of the hotels. I'll be able to use some of them in my travel with my travel business.

Art Sindlinger said...

Mike -

Thanks for stopping by. I'm glad you found the reviews useful. I have also added you to my 'neighborhood' via BlogCatalog. Best of luck with your travel business.

ss_blog_claim=f4ca6b4158b814462b646ceaf8fabc61