Sunday, February 15, 2009

Winter Vacation '08 - Brugge - The Scenery

Not going to try and thread this together much. Just some assorted shots from our time walking around Brugge.

P1030075
I was intentionally going for the close-to-the-horse effect here in the Markt square. Got scolded a bit by the driver as she passed. Given how many people are just all over this little town are have to always be in the line of fire for these chariot drivers, I must have been doing something particularly annoying for her to pop off at me.

UPDATE 2/21/09
Got some video clips up on YouTube so I can embed them for added context. This is just a quick view of the Markt area, taking it in upon our arrival.



P1030061
Obligatory 'wafel' shot

P1030067
This was a pretty funky bike. Would have loved to have seen people actually riding this. Are there Belgian acrobats like the Chinese acrobats?

P1030069
Even the handrails are cool

P1030065
Just a bunch of bikes

P1030088
The irony here is this was perhaps the most alluring arch / entryway we saw and we didn't go through it

image

I'm such a crap tourist I don't even know the real names of these towers, but I think they are actually a couple of the main touristic attractions of Brugge. I just like how they looked at night.

image

UPDATE 2/21/09:
Video added.



image
This was my favorite local piece, without a doubt. What you don't see is it was set beneath a tree strung with simple white lights that added to the whimsical nature of it.

image

Night sites, by the river and in the Markt

image

UPDATE 2/21/09:
Videos now available.

No comments:

ss_blog_claim=f4ca6b4158b814462b646ceaf8fabc61